Skip to main content

Why Are Doctors' Writings Worse All-day?


Hello there! It's been a while. I just want to ask why doctor's medical inscriptions/writings getting worse day-by-day? Perhaps I got it all wrong. Maybe it's actually not all of them sha, but I ain't playing pranks neither am I poking a trifle at our dokitas. Instead, I desire to inquire whether it's because they're among the league of people who thinks faster than they write ni or not.

It is pertinent and maybe sacrosanct to note that ONLY Pharmacists could decipher virtually all of the dokitas' writings on prescription papers. Dokitas either from Private or Public Hospitals and Clinics would instead of them to 'farabale' and write legibly, the good english that me and you, the common man can read and understand, he would go ahead and write on paper, some drugs with an higgedy-piggedy, k-legged, etchy but sketchily disarranged letters that you'd think even a professor - preferably of English and Linguistics discipline or the Nigerian grammarian, Senator Patrick Obahiagbon - would have a field day trying to figure out the expressional-content of the paper.

I'm almost discerned at the way such instances when a dokita would then intentionally put pen on a prescription paper for only the skilled professionals among pharmacists to read, understand and finally sell out drugs. Maybe the dokitas' do fear the unseen but prevalent circumstances where patients would, instead of visiting a pharmacy that is so within the confinement of the Hospital, persistently go to a nearby roadside or market-side drug seller whose licence to operate was neither originally granted by the Standard Organization of Nigeria, [SON] and registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission, [CAC] nor his goods checked, standardized and approved by the National Association of Foods and Drugs Agency and Control, (NAFDAC). If that's one of the reasons, then it's good but if otherwise, then I ask, "Why Are Doctor's Writings Worse All-day?".

About 2-years ago, while I was in undergoing my diploma, I took ill and went to the School Clinic. I had an appointment with the doctor and upon visitation, he diagnosed me and wrote down some medical jargon's as prescriptions on a small clinic's official piece of paper and I was wowed at what I saw. I couldn't decipher an alphabet there, save for the 'mg' written at the very end of each line. Of course, I'd recognize mg to be milligram.

Upon reaching the clinic's pharmacist, I tendered the paper and I must tell you, the pharmacist just glanced through for about 10secs and viola, she understood. I became blue immediately. As in, I was so so flabbergasted at the pharmacist as she doled out my drugs almost instantly. "So, A Pharmacist is the 'Sole' Interpreter of a dokita's drug prescription?" I asked within.

Then today, while surfing the net, I saw a post by the popular Media Political Analyst, Sir Sunday Akoji of the Ossussu Ministry something that looks so much like a joke or maybe a satire. I was overwhelmed with the rendition that I was moved to juxtapose it with my experiences with the our Nigerian dokitas and I'm sure, you, yes you would be able to answer my status quo question when you catch a glimpe at the satire which goes thus:

______A doctor was giving a speech at a Local Awards Ceremony. He looked at the notes he'd jotted down and didn't understand what he wrote.
"Francis!" the doctor calls out. "Is there a pharmacist in the house?"

It is on this note that I'd ask my fellow colleague one more time that, "Why Are Doctor's Writings Worse All-day?"

Blogger Widget

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intelligence alone is not enough in Leadership. Miss Ilesanmi

Interview with miss Omotunde Ilesanmi Good afternoon ma, can we meet you ma Afternoon, My name is Omotunde Ilesanmi, a lecturer in School of Health Information Management, University College Hospital Ibadan. Thank you ma, SHIMDecides 2017 is in 6 days and two of your students Com Akande Mayowa and Mr Mustapha Hamidu, are vying for the presidency, what can you say about them Firstly, both of them are wonderful. I will start with Mayowa first, he has always been a student who have a mind of his own, he could be a little bit stubborn but stubbornness can be good and if the stubbornness is converted into something good, you can be stubborn for a very good cause. I like the fact that he is intelligent and because he applied his intelligent practically. Hamid in the other way round is a star student and he has been a student who is after the lecturer’s heart, and he has been a class governor for the past two years, very punctual in all lecture and intelligent an

Why I resigned as Finance Minister – Kemi Adeosun finally breaks silence (Full text)

SHIM PRESS CLUB  has obtained a copy of Kemi Adeosun’s letter, in which she resigned from her position as the Minister of Finance, from President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet. ce, from President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet. In the letter, Adeosun confirmed that she was stepping down, because of allegations of forgery of her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate. She also thanked Buhari for the privilege to serve in his administration. Adeosun went on to appreciate the president for his patience and support “during the long search for the truth in this matter”. Below is the full text of Mrs Adeosun’s resignation letter as obtained by our reporter. 14th September, 2018 His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari President, Federal Republic of Nigeria State House Aso Villa Abuja Dear Excellency, Let me commence by thanking you profusely for the honour and privilege of serving under your inspirational leadership. It has been a truly rewarding exper

Throwback Pictures

The excursion dated for the 25th of May 2017, was a great fun to the student that went and many more pictures will be uploaded soon and also the interview done will be uploaded also. shimpressclub